Downards takes the time to inspect each item to ensure its correctly prepared for moving. All contents whether packed by you or us should be placed in standard removalist cartons. For soft furnishings, such as chairs, lounge suites , mattresses, etc we utilise plastic coverings to protect your valued belongings. For all other items, we use soft furniture blankets for additional protection. Once prepared, your consignment is carefully loaded into our trucks where they will be transported to their new location. A detailed inventory form is created to ensure we account for all items being moved to your new location.
Our Removals teams are all fully trained, ensuring your belongings are transported in a safe and professional manner. Downards also pride ourselves on ensuring Occupational Health & Safety for both clients and our crews.
Upon arriving at your new home we carefully check the inventory which was prepared at uplift to ensure each item is accounted for and the items have arrived in the same condition safely. With your assistance and instruction, our trained removalists will carefully place all of your belongings into each room.
As part of our standard service we can reassemble any furniture item that we disassembled at uplift.
Downards offers short-term and long-term storage solutions which are created to assist our customers with the local moving process. This is ideally suited to clients who are moving into a brand new residence which is not quite finished, or you’re towards the end of your lease, and you need a facility to store your belongings. All of our storage facilities are securely fenced, security monitored and patrolled to further ensure your personal belongings are protected for the period whilst in our care.
Downards strives to ensure your goods are safe and secure whilst in our care. Unfortunately, there are factors outside our control that can leave you open to risk when moving or storing your personal effects. Downards have a comprehensive Transit Insurance policy available which can be tailored to suit your individual needs. We will be pleased to speak to you in more detail and provide a copy of our Product Disclosure Statement to assist you in making an informed decision on this product.
An excessively time-consuming process, packing all of your belongings into appropriate boxes and ensuring each item has been packed properly can be difficult. Allow us to take care of it all and free up time to take care of more important matters. Our professional team has a great deal of experience and can offer several options that best suit your requirements.
- Full Service Packing – Utilising trained personnel and quality packing materials, our removalists will pack your entire home in detail. Each removalist is trained to pack your home with the utmost professionalism and respect for your belongings.
- Fragile Packing – For items which are delicate or irreplaceable in value, we would advise you to inform our team prior to packing so that we can pack them with the required attention they deserve. At Downards, we treat your belongings as if they were our own, and you can have peace of mind knowing your move is in the hands of trained local moving specialists.
- Flexible services – If you would like to complete the majority of the packing and leave the high value items to us, please speak to your Relocations Coordinator so Downards can organize a move that is tailored to suit your specific needs
- Unpacking – Downards strives to ensure your moving experience is as relaxed and stress free as possible. Our moving services can include unpacking all cartons packed by us to a flat surface,ie benchtop as well as removing all packing supplies when leaving your new home.
We only use the highest grade quality of packing materials in the industry to ensure your items are fully protected whilst in transit. Our range of materials ensures that we have specific boxes and materials to suit every need.
- Do It Yourself Packing – If you prefer to pack all of your belongings, we can assist with supplying moving boxes and packaging material you need to ensure you are fully prepared prior to your move day. We can also supply customised crating for expensive or valuable items that need that special level of attention. Speak to one of our expert relocation coordinators today about your individual needs.